Yep, its that time of year again! It’s the month where my fellow July-born Leos and I get to be vain and self-indulgent. So here it is, my wishlist for the big 2-0. I wouldn’t actually ask my family or friends for most of this because some of it is embarassingly expensive, but that’s what my blog is for, drooling, right?
Clockwise from top left;
1) The Jeffrey Campbell “Atacoma” wedge rip-offs. I’ve been dying over the original Acne ones since they first hit the blogosphere ages ago, and since then there have been several knock-off versions. These are my favorite. Available at Nasty Gal.
2) It wouldn’t be my birthday if I wasn’t lusting over some camera or other, and this year its the Polaroid 300. I love the new chubby take on the classic Polaroid Instant, and this is the perfect camera for pretending to work in fashion. Available here in three colours.
3) This Fummel + Kram embroidered russian doll scarf is sooo gorgeous. I blogged about it here, and I won’t even link to wear you can buy it because the price is embarrassing.
4) I’m not usually a fan of sequins but the fact that its a motorcycle jacket silhouette makes this amazing. I like it because it can be casual but you could also wear it out when you are trying to be fancy (something I have discovered I’m not very good at). Available at Nasty Gal.
5) The Urban Decay Naked palette is like, all my favorite eyeshadow shades in one beautiful case. Obsessed. Available at Urban Decay.
6) I know you are all sick of hearing about the Jeremy Scott TV glasses, as I’ve posted them on four seperate occasions now. But true obsession means persistance, and I am still lusting over these. By some miracle they are not soldout at Opening Ceremony (hint hint sugar daddies).
7) I looove Bernhard Willhelm and this is such a rad colour for a nail polish (not to mention awesome packaging). Available at Doshaburi.
What’s at the top of your wish list right now?
These shoes are a work of art…they resemble a rainbow scaled fishy or even an exotic bird. I think they belong on someone who will dance in them to give that pretty tail some life :)
Tsumori Chisato lace-up wedge available online at Opening Ceremony.
Sorry for the lack of updates, I have had limited access to the ol’ Interweb as of recently. I’ve moved out of my place in London and am traveling since I don’t move into the apartment in Paris until June. In the meantime, feast your eyes upon these incredible Xanadu wedges by Jeffrey Campbell…I must locate and purchase these immediately. Not only are they deliciously curvy and winged, you can also check your lipstick on your shoe thanks to the mirror panels (though this might not look all that elegant if attempted in public).
Available online at NastyGal.
This is such a superhero shoe….I hope if they ever make a live action Samurai Jack sequel, Samurai Jane would rock these epic wedges. It certainly would take superhero skills to walk in them….
Atalanta Weller wedge boot available for pre-order online at Fatal.
Yesssss! The infamous Ashish for TopShop platform wedges are back in all their glory online at TopShop. I don’t know if they’re hard to walk in but I do know they are totally worth the pain.
What better way to start the day than with an email from Pixie Market? These beauties are new to the online store; Noemi Klein silver bird skull necklace and these AMAZING Where black ball stud wedges. Needless to say, I need those shoes.
I try to do these every Sunday but they tend to bleed into the week, haha. Oh well. Anyway here is a random assortment of fashion-related things I’m into this week, in no particular order.
1) Phone charms: So impractical, yet so much fun! Also, bag charms/candy is amazing. Ranting post will soon follow.
2) Sneaker wedges (These are by 80%20)
3) Blood is the New Black. I really like this shirt.
4) Reinvented biker jackets. Whereas the classic leather with hardware isn’t very versatile, this cotton/acryllic blend one from Juma can be worn in dozens of different ways and can even work for summer.
5) The term “lash bar”. Is this where you go when you’ve had a rough mascara day and you just need some relief? This lead me to look up related cocktail recipes, such as the Lash, the Eye Opener, and of course the Blue-Eyed Blonde.
Any thing you are really into this week? Don’t forget the Chictopia event this Saturday!
I GET why Crocs got so popular, I mean they are cheap, easy to clean, come in lots of colors, are airy and light and waterproof…however no one can deny that they are hideous. Am I wrong here? They really need to stop. Thankfully, United Nude is here to save the day with these gorgeous flats. Although definitely pricier, they have the same appeal as Crocs in their simplicity, range of colors, and texture, but are so much cuter and more sophisticated. Also, they have the advantage of being acceptable for wearing in public, UNLIKE CROCS.
I’m not a huge fan of flats myself but if I could mismatch these, I’d be down. I’m more partial to the United Nude wedges myself, which are actually on sale at asos.com right now.